- To ward off bugs without repellent, rub Bounce (has to be Bounce) dryer sheets all over you.
- Kids and them helping to put laundry from the washer to the dryer is universal kid fun...until they're tweens.
- Avoid making fudge and divinity on a rainy day...it'll always flop. (Who makes divinity?)
- We all worry about our daughters becoming teenagers and them sneaking to friends' houses to change into tiny shorty short skirts and wearing them to the mall...hehe.
- To stop a child 's cough, rub Vicks on the bottom of his/her feet and cover with socks.
- Black Seed, a medicinal herb, acts as excellent cure for adult tummy trouble.
- Invite a bunch of mamas over that don't know each other and you'll find that all of them know someone who they know mutually....better watch who you're 'dissing.' ;-)
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Things I learned from my girlfriends...
Last night I had a bunch of girlfriends over, they are my 'mama' friends. Some of them I just met for the first time, others I've known for years, but no matter when my relationship with them began I had a instant bond to all of them: Motherhood. All of us being mothers to young children united us in common complaints, fears, and celebration spurred by our experiences in 'mamadom.' It's inevitable that when you get even a of couple mamas together you're going to learn something. It could be a tidbit that will one day save your life....or at least make your life more tolerable or it could be some tip that leaves your mouth hanging wide open in disbelief and wondering who was the first brave mommy to try the tip and prove it successful. But most importantly, it's usually the revelation that your child is just like everyone else's and you deal with the same mommy issues other mommys do. This is what I learned last night:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the insights....maybe I'll try the Bounce one! But, are you for real in posting this at the time listed????? (4:47 AM) Or, is this blog in another time zone????? Your MaMa
Post a Comment