Friday, August 29, 2008

Eating Like a Chimp

So Emme's been asking me for bananas all week...which is a good thing.  I love that my kids eat lots of fruit, but the persistent begging for bananas finally caused me to ask her why the sudden craving for them.  'I want to eat them like a chimp does,' she said.

I didn't give it any real thought until tonight when she came to me crying that her daddy wasn't going to let her eat the banana like a chimp.  Huh?  Stephen, close on her heels, explained that she wanted to bite into the middle of the banana, skin and all, and devour the 'monkey food' like a chimpanzee.  I explained that she'd been asking for the fruit all week and what could it hurt. 

The both of us stood in absolute amazement while our human child chomped into the peel of the banana and began to eat the thing like...you guessed it....a chimp.

1 comment:

Vivian Dippold said...

Grandpa likes banannas too, but I never did like them until Emmy like them She helped make a monkey out of me.

I Love you Emmy
Grandpa
I eat a bananna in my cereal every day, I am starting to jump up and down and scratch alot,