- Upon getting out of the tub tonight, Emerson proclaimed that her fingers were 'grumpy.' When I asked her what she meant, she looked at me with a slight eye roll and with an exacerbated sigh said, 'mo-om, it's when your fingers get wrinkly in the water, they get grumpy.'
- The other day Emme yelled from the back-seat, 'Mom I need the 'hanitizer!'
- Even though we are no longer dealing with diapers I have plenty of left over wet wipes and decided to leave them in the bathroom to ensure the girls had very clean bottoms all the time. After being summoned to the bathroom by Em with her 'top of the lungs' scream, 'Moooommm, I'mmmm done,' I thought I'd use a wipe on her bottom to finish the job cleanly. I helped her off the potty and got her re-dressed only to have her crying just seconds after leaving bathroom. She cried,'my butt's all wobbly, my butt's all wobbly!' With that I had to assure her that her bottom would dry very quickly and the 'wobblys' would be gone...by the time I got her to listen to me through the tears, the wobblys had disappeared. Lesson learned: Wet wipe, then dry or you'll have a wobbly butt.
Monday, August 25, 2008
'Emerisms:' Words or insights from Emerson (age 4)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Of course, the child has to have a dried butt....or else. I'm sorry that wasn't one of your growing up lessons - no wet wipes in that decade! They were just invented last year - :-)!!! ??
My butt wobbles too sometimes,
Love Grandpa
Post a Comment