Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No 'Skeeters Allowed!


We're going camping.  This is big news.  While I have always loved to camp, my husband has been resistant to the entire concept.  "It's all about making memories with our children" is the line that ultimately won him over.  So, in just three days my husband will go camping for the first time in his life.  

Since this places Stephen completely out of his element, I thought it would be wise to do a dry run in the backyard.   So, last Saturday, Stephen pitched the tent and created a fire any boy-scout would be proud of (ok, the girl-scout helped a little with lighting the fire, but he kept it 'a blazin')!  The girls were beside themselves.  We made s'mores and told scary stories around the fire...our dry run was a success!

Wish us luck.  

1 comment:

Jill said...

We are waiting for the low down on the ol camping trip....could you fill us in....and hey I need a holiday makeover for the ol blog....please help this illiterate blogger friend.