Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Today, the day when we are challenged to look at those things we have and not what we lack, propels me into glimpses of my past and I sit here truly grateful for all that I have been blessed with over these past few years.

I have lacked and now been blessed with plenty.
I have lost and been wounded by the traitor who is sometimes love, but now I have found and am healed by immense adoration and the strength of my husband's love.
I have cried for children I thought I'd never have and am blessed with four gorgeous daughters.
I have seen darkness and now have been blessed with hope and certainty.

I am grateful. I am so grateful.

I have been blessed beyond what I ever thought was possible.  Thanksgiving is just one day I share what I'm so thankful for, but everyday... especially when I kiss my babies good night, I am reminded of my miracles and the down-pouring of blessings God has given me.

Happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Erin said...

Melissa, you made me cry! Thank you for sharing your blessings. You give me hope.

Love you - Erin

blessedmama said...

I am sitting here bawling! What a precious post by a precious person! It is amazing what looking at our blessings will do for the spirit.