Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fabulous Florida Fossils and Fauna


I took the girls on our first fossiling adventure on Saturday. We visited the Mulberry Phosphate Museum where the girls got their first glimpse at life-sized prehistoric giant sloth and mastodon replicas, as well as lots of Florida fossils. We found shark's teeth, bone fragments, and pieces of ray dental plates (like teeth).

Then we visited a favorite spot of ours to pick flowers and look for alligators. We drove along the dirt road with both doors open and called our car the 'Jungle Jeep'...the girls loved it! We spotted butterflies galore and lots of beautiful flowers...oh, and an ALLIGATOR!


5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh what fun...we want to go...tell me more....with your emersonisms, here is a coment from Olivia this weekend. We were in a restaurant, she was getting restless, and I mentioned manners..."Mom, manners are completely SO not fun." oh my!

Melissa said...

We had a blast! The loved looking for fossils! ....which is a dream come true for their mama! Jill, come on down and we'll go! Lots and lots of fun!

Vivian Dippold said...

No fair! I WANT to be there! Sob...cry...sniffle...soon...soon! Grandmom

Erin said...

I love Logan's haircut!

Anonymous said...

I want to do this next time you go! My girls have not gone yet... Alison would love it!