Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meeting My Destiny

"I often wonder if somewhere in the grand scheme of things I've lost my way. The path that seemed so right suddenly made a 'hard left' and landed me in a place I'm not sure I ever plotted."

So, these were the words that began my conversation with a dear friend of mine a few nights ago.

Lately, I've been convinced that where I sit career-wise is just not what I envisioned for myself so many years ago when I first began to chart my path to making a difference in this world. I've struggled with thinking that somehow I missed the mark and now at 41, how would I ever find my way back. After sharing more of where I was emotionally, my friend finally said to me, "Melissa, you haven't lost your way. You're being trained and prepared to finally step into your destiny."

Those words rang true for me. So much so, that today I felt empowered as I entered my office and sat at my desk and reminded myself that today was just preparation for my destiny.

I know that there's something waiting for me, I can just feel it....

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, I am so glad I am along for the ride....hold on tight....cause we are in for a wild one...and that just comes from knowing you for a short time. HA!

Melissa said...

Yeehaw.....is all I've got to say!!