The new year awaits, sprawled out like a lounging cat, disguisingly long and lackadaisical. But last year looked like that too and not so surprisingly disappeared before I knew it, only to begin another new year all over again.
However, this time I’m prepared, or so I think. My first born will begin kindergarten months from now; I will not be taken in by the illusion again. So, instead I will know that the months ahead will quickly fade into minutes and if not wary, I will be caught not savoring my last days with my child as a pre-schooler and will find myself at the next new year fooled again: Precious time gone, hustle and bustle of work and family overshadowing small moments self triumph and my children’s smiles.
So, my resolution? I will live in the moment, cherish my children’s laughter, and love with all my heart. I will consider every day a gift and will relish the miracle of my family. This year's small triumphs and tender moments will not allude me...I will shove them deep into my back pockets and will carry them always.
3 comments:
Ah, man!! Now I feel guilty for counting down the days until I send Blaine off to Kindergarten 5 glorious days a week. My resolution to work more doesn't quite compare to yours.
AMEN!! That was beautifully written! Let's hold each other accountable for living in the moment!
And next years post will address the huge back pockets you have now...seriously, hold on, the days are like a flash of light. Precious is this time.
Post a Comment