Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here bwirdy, bwirdy....tweet, tweet!

Today we decided to make bird feeders, so off we went to Target to buy peanut butter and birdseed.  The girls were excited to feed our feathered friends and eager to get home, but first we had to find pine cones.  How hard could that be?

Well, let me tell you, like my quest to nab some mistletoe at Christmas, this part of 'Project Big Bird' was equally as challenging.  Pine cones on private property abounded, on every corner I saw the prize but was too chicken to pull into a driveway or jump a fence.  So, we drove.  And we drove. But like all good things, they come to those who have two small children overly excited, hyped up on 'Be My Valentine' Little Debbies,  and who have some reserve of patience left.

There in the middle of a field, pine trees and their bounty lay in wait for us.  I quickly pulled the car over and grabbed what we needed and we were off!  (By the way, I never found mistletoe where I could 'legally' pull it from, but NOW see it everywhere!)

After making our bird feeders, Logan took hers to the orange tree we were going to hang it from and began calling, 'Here bwirdy, bwirdy....tweet, tweet!'  

It was worth the drive...and I bet the birds will think so too! 

 
 
 



2 comments:

Jill said...

I can just hear those two little ones chirpin' away. I have had that same problem of finding pinecones before. So I guess the next few Saturdays are reserved for some serious Daddy time....superbowl is over! I miss your cute face.

Anonymous said...

Next time you go looking for pine cones... call me. My whole backyard is full of them.
Man, the girls are growing so fast! I miss them so much!

Love you guys!