Monday, December 15, 2008

My Girls and Making Memories


When it comes to spending time with my kids, I try to make it count as if it were a moment that will one day make all the difference in how they look back over their childhood.  I want my children to find happiness in their memories when they think about holidays past and the things we did together as a family.

Baking Christmas cookies is one of those events that I hope will conjure sweet memories of family and friends.  It's not really about baking the cookies, it's about me and my daughters, my sister, my niece, my cousin and friends being together sharing stories, surprising ourselves at how well a new cookie recipe turned out and burning trays of cookies because we weren't paying attention 'cause somebody's story was just that good!  It's a tradition that we've kept for years and I look forward to it every holiday season.  I hope my girls will too!



2 comments:

Jill said...

No use of a plastic spoon in those pics...how adorable...I just stare at those girls and remind myself they are yours. How great God is. Keep it goin' Betty, I want some homemade icing on them as well...with sprinkles and those awful silver balls.

blessedmama said...

Oh man! Looks like a floury, gooey bunch of fun!!!